Understanding the differences between Beeye and SAP
SAP is enterprise resource planning software used by large enterprises.
The following summary table will help you quickly grasp the differences and commonalities between Beeye and SAP.
Integrate information coming from all business functions.
Get a high-level view on all projects and activities.
|Strengths||Popular.||Easy to use and flexible.|
Very high costs for licenses and deployment.
Complex to use.
Not designed to handle billing (but can use integrations).
|Ease of use||
Complex software that requires expensive training.
Easy to use, users are ready to go after a few minutes.
Both solutions can be used as complements to get a view over all activities and functions of the business while taking advantage of a tool that is simple and easy to use.
Are you thinking about implementing SAP in your company?
Here are some data points you might want to consider before making a decision.
- The very high cost of the licenses, which doesn't include the additional costs for deployment and maintenance. It is no secret that deploying SAP costs a lot money, while more modern and affordable solutions exist. Not to mention the cost of updates, which sometimes exceed the initial license costs.
- The long deployment time required. Are you ready to get started on a deployment that will take place over years, when there are solutions that would be much quicker? Can you afford the missed opportunity of enjoying an efficient management system?
- The failure rate of SAP implementations. According to Gartner, around 75% of ERP implementation projets fail. You can tell Avon about it — they stopped their SAP implementation after spending 125 million dollars on it. Same for jeweler Shane Co. who went bankrupt in part because of difficulties caused by SAP. Hershey lost 8% in market capitalization and 19% in quarterly profits because of problems implementing SAP. The state of California stopped their attempt at implementing SAP after spending 25 million dollars. We could go on and on — look it up on Google for some more horror stories!
- The user experience of SAP has been harshly criticized. It is now widely accepted ease of use is a crucial part of any software product — it guarantees a quicker set up, a higher adoption rate, and a higher productivity down the line.
- The lack of innovation by SAP, whose latest significant addition dates back to the previous century. SAP is based on outdated technology, and it isn't easy to improve on it. But it is necessary to work with tools that are the most in line with current best practices and that keep evolving.
Are You Already Using SAP?
Take a moment to look at the questions below to make sure SAP really answers all your needs.
To summarize, SAP is a renowned ERP solution, but its complexity leads to significant weaknesses.
Beeye offers a solution to project and resource management challenges outlined above — it is also affordable and much faster to implement.
Interested in Beeye?
How about you give it a try for free to see all of its benefits?